A Cool Idea I Had
Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2026 10:46 am
So before I say it, let me give you some context:
I recently got into disassembling electronics and salvaging parts. My first electronic device I disassembled was a PS2 Slim, and I had an idea- what if I turned the case into a computer!?
I feel like I should follow through with this idea! I'd need a Raspberry Pi (I have one from a Kano Computer Kit I got around 2015 IIRC, but I may need an Arduino or something), a screen, keyboard, and a mouse. Right now... I have:
Below is an update log of significant events. As I progress, I will log these here.
I recently got into disassembling electronics and salvaging parts. My first electronic device I disassembled was a PS2 Slim, and I had an idea- what if I turned the case into a computer!?
I feel like I should follow through with this idea! I'd need a Raspberry Pi (I have one from a Kano Computer Kit I got around 2015 IIRC, but I may need an Arduino or something), a screen, keyboard, and a mouse. Right now... I have:
- A Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
- The PS2 Slim's cooling fan
- The PS2 Slim's disk drive (Ribbon cables are intact! EDIT: nevermind :< Accidentally broke the connection of the hard-wired white ribbon)
- A USB mouse (My Dad found one for me!)
- A USB keyboard (RGB! And it's a mechanical one too!)
- LibreELEC OS (Will change)
Below is an update log of significant events. As I progress, I will log these here.
- (4/9/26) Installed Risc OS on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
- (4/?/26) Installed LibreELEC OS